Av. Dr. Fulya TEOMETE YALABIK is a foreign law expert at Kesikli Law Firm, with more than 14 years of experience as a legal practitioner and lecturer. Her multicultural experience includes English, French, American, and Turkish civil procedural law-related matters. Combining academic knowledge with hands-on advocacy experience, she actively takes part in cross-border transactions, litigation, and international arbitration matters. Her expertise is diversified and includes international commercial law, technology law, media law, intellectual property law, and consumer law.
She is also a lecturer at Anglia Ruskin University London, teaching Civil Litigation, Legal Aspects of Business, the Law of Information, Intellectual Property and Social Media.
- International Arbitration
- International Commercial Law
- Media Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Technology Law
- International Business Transactions
- Consumer Law
- “Future of NFTs in the entertainment industry: No longer the “Wild West” of intellectual property law?” work in progress
- "The Impact of the Seat of Arbitration on Judicial-Interference: Do Sections 67, 68 and 69 of the English Arbitration Act 1996 regarding Challenges of Awards Make London An Attractive Hub?” Annales de la Faculté de Droit d’Istanbul, Sep 1, 2021
- ‘Backlash Against Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) and Its Reform Movement’, REGESTA, vol.6/1, 2021, p 153-184.
- Assuring Due process via section 68 of the English Arbitration Act 1996: A high barrier for challenging arbitration awards?' Journal of Civil Procedure, Enforcement and Insolvency Law, vol. 16, issue 47, 2020/3.
- ‘Questioning Expert Witnesses in Litigation and International Arbitration: How to Prevent Partisan Expert Reports and “Battle of Experts' Journal of Civil Procedure, Enforcement and Insolvency Law, vol. 16, issue 45, 2020/1.
- Merricks v Mastercard Inc: Collective Actions Re-invigorated', https://www.collectiveredress.org/newsitem/6047.
- Book, Fact-Finding Role of the Judge in English, American and Turkish Legal Systems, International Law Book Series, On Iki Levha Publishing, Istanbul December 2016, 634 pages, ISBN: 9786051524504.
- ‘Anonymous Bitcoin v Enforcement Law”, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13600869.2019.1565105
- ‘Judge's Role in Civil Litigation and Arbitral Tribunal's Role in International Arbitration', Journal of Civil Procedure, Enforcement and Insolvency Law, LEGAL Publisher, issue 37, 2017.
- ‘An Overview to Expert Witness in Anglo-American and French Law', pp. 2115-2162, in A Festschrift for Prof. Dr. Hakan Pekcanıtez, Dokuz Eylül University Law Faculty Journal, Volume 16, Special Issue 2014, January 2015, ISSN: 1303-6963.
- ‘Le Droit Au Respect De La Vie Familiale Et l'Interdiction De La Discrimination Dans Le Contexte De l'Affaire Şerife Yiğit', pp. 127-145, Annales de la Faculté De Droit d'Istanbul, vol. 45, issue 62, 2013, ISSN: 0578-9745 (also available: https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/7074) (in French).
- ‘Admissibility of Expert Witness Evidence', Ejder Yılmaz'a Armağan, pp. 1879-1897, Yetkin Hukuk Yayınları, November 2014, ISBN: 978-975-464-901-7
- Translation (English to Turkish), ‘The German Federal Court of Justice', pp. 151-173, Prof. Peter Gottwald, Journal of Civil Procedure, Enforcement and Insolvency Law, LEGAL Publisher, vol. 9, Issue 24, 2013, ISSN: 1306-1224
- ‘Could There Be a Cassation Procedure in the Proper Sense without an Appeal System', pp. 55-84, Journal of Civil Procedure, Enforcement and Insolvency Law, LEGAL Publisher, vol. 7, Issue 19, 2011, ISSN: 1306-1224