In today’s competitive global marketplace, technologies and products are being developed at a rapid rate, resulting in challenges to intellectual property (IP) growth and maintenance. Having skilled counsel knowledgeable in the underlying sciences and technologies of innovation has become crucial. We are experienced in all aspects of IP protection, including idea development, trademark, trade secret, industrial design, copyright, domain name, transfer of intellectual property rights, and licensing arrangements.
Kesikli Law Firm regularly provides legal advice and representation services relating to intellectual property matters. Our team of lawyers has extensive experience in contentious and non-contentious matters surrounding the intellectual property rights of our clients.
How we can assist you in Intellectual Property & Information Technologies:
– Advising on the acquisition, restructuring, and disposal of intellectual property in the context of corporate mergers, acquisitions, and financing;
– Counseling on the proper use, selection, and protection of trademarks;
– Conducting and evaluating trademark searches to determine the availability of trademarks considered by clients or to identify the trademarks of competitors;
– Preparation, filing, and legal execution of applications to register trademarks at the national and international levels;
– Preparation and filing of affidavits of use and renewal applications;
– Litigating IP opposition and cancellation proceedings and trademark, copyright, and patent infringement actions in the courts;
– Preparation of license agreements, IP distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, know-how licenses and IP transfer agreements, IP assignments and security agreements, and software development and license agreements;
– Preparation of “cease and desist” letters to enforce IP rights, and responding to such letters when clients are accused of infringing upon the rights of others;
– Handling reexamination and reissue proceedings in the TPE and patent infringement actions in courts;
– Assisting clients in the acquisition and sale of computer systems, software, hardware, and networks;
– Evaluating ownership of copyrighted works, including work-for-hire issues;
– E-commerce considerations, including issues for infringement actions, linking, metatags, and content distribution rights.